The TechFiles - Molder & Scully, it ain't.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Nail.exe

My thoughts on tech.....
Once I found a file on a computer called nail.exe. It was loaded along with explorer.exe as the shell. This was an XP machine.

My search on google resulted in ZERO hits. I was perplexed and eventually discovered it was part of a rootkit. Thankfully it was not my own computer.

What I learned from that is that I should blog my findings. A search today *Jan 2006* results in 35,700 English results on Google.

I am not a complete computer nerd. I can't always read binary without help. I don't understand hex completely. But I have a good eye for spyware hunting.... fun stuff.

I hope to post interesting things I find in the course of fixing computers all over town :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home